Speech Therapist - Speech-Language Pathologist - SLP
Bloomingdale Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
Speech Therapist - Speech-Language Pathologist - SLP POSITION SUMMARY:
A therapist’s overall responsibility is to manage the care of the patient/resident, managing quality of all related outcomes. The therapist participates as an integral part of the interdisciplinary team,
manages resources to meet the needs of the patient/resident and related customers balancing outcomes and cost effective and efficient treatment.
Speech Therapist - Speech-Language Pathologist - SLP REPORTS TO:
Directly reports to the Director of Rehabilitation or designee of the facility where providing therapy services.
Speech Therapist - Speech-Language Pathologist - SLP SUPERVISES:
Supervises clinically all assistants and aides of patients to which the therapist is directing or overseeing the delivery of services according to an established plan of care. Supervision follows all accepted state and federal guidelines for the respective discipline.
Speech Therapist - Speech-Language Pathologist - SLP RECOMMENDED MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited college or university with minimally a bachelors degree in physical therapy or occupational therapy, or a masters degree in speech-language pathology and/or equivalent certification accepted by the designated professional accrediting body
- Foreign trained therapists must meet the education standards as defined by the state licensing board in the state they practice in.
Speech Therapist - Speech-Language Pathologist - SLP Professional Experience
- 1 Prefer-experience/knowledge managing other rehabilitation personnel.
- 2. Prefer-experience/knowledge in long term care facilities.
- 3. Prefer-experience/knowledge managing cost and productivity
- 4. Prefer Outpatient experience/ knowledge.
- 5. Knowledge in governmental and regulatory guidelines in designated healthcare settings
Speech Therapist - Speech-Language Pathologist - SLP Certification/Licensure:
- Actively licensed therapist in assigned state(s) of employment as a Speech Language Pathologist, Physical or Occupational Therapist or related health care profession
Speech Therapist - Speech-Language Pathologist - SLP THERAPIST ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 1. Provides and directs patient/resident rehabilitation care within all general accepted practice methods, meeting all facility, state, federal, and accrediting standards.
- 2. Evaluates patients/resident needs and establishes effective and efficient treatment plans for the patient/residents assigned.
- 3. Manages and coordinates the supervision of treatment plans with all staff and other disciplines as indicated.
- 4. Participates in the screening of all patients according to directed schedules and practices.
- 5. Provides feedback o the Team Leader on all clinical and rehabilitation issues.
- 6. Participates in all facility directed processes and services.
- 7. Shows effective management of treatment and non-treatment related activities.
- 8. Performs necessary clinical documentation to meet facility, state, federal, and accrediting agency requirements.
- 9. Maintains complete, accurate and timely billing records to meet facility, state, federal, and accrediting agency requirements
- 10. Assists with marketing efforts as directed.
- 11. Participates in in-service training programs as requested
- 12. May travel to other facilities to provide services
- 13. Performs other duties as required.